Job Brief – Western Regional Sales Manager
We’re looking for a results-driven Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will assist the VP of Sales & Marketing to maintain existing accounts, as well as prospect and develop new customers in order to boost top-line revenue growth and profitability.
The ideal candidate will be located in DPA’s Western Region, comprised of CA, NV, AZ & HI and will be responsible for assisting with all sales activities within that region. 50-75% travel will be required, including some national and international travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and manage dealer channel
- Identify and develop sales strategies for dealer network within the territory, complete with goals, deadlines and metrics
- Work closely with existing dealers to further grow sales and increase brand market share
- Train dealer sales and engineering teams
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to prospective customers
- Reach potential customers through cold calling
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customer to meet their needs
- Create and analyze sales reports, identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings and take corrective action if needed
- Act as brand ambassador with consultants, technology partners and end users to articulate our value proposition and facilitate their success
- Work to drive product demand through local efforts, including educational events, sales campaigns, dealer training and enablement and end user outreach
- Participate at industry events through presentations, dealer expos, panel engagements and other trade show activities
- Provide management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Provide input for sales and marketing collateral
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a sales representative, preferably in the professional audio or video fields
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales and channel management
- Ability to work independently from a remote office
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and ability to build productive business partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with CRM practices.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
- Successful candidate must pass a background screening process
All interested candidates can send their CV’s to Christopher Spahr, US VP of Sales & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.”